Honing a perfect behind
The skinny days are long gone. Having a strong firm body is the new sexy. Since your butt is made of regular muscle, the right workout will make it firmer and sexier. The equation is simple, the correct booty blasting exercises plus proper nutrition equals a behind which will be the envy of all woman and the desire of every man. Here are the top 5 exercises to help you build a booty to be proud of.
Barbell Straight Leg Deadlifts
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and holding the barbell in front of your thighs with an over-grasp grip.
- Keep your shoulders back and keep your back straight as you lower the barbell by tipping forward from the hips only.
- Go as low as you can without bending your back, bringing your hips back or bending your legs.
- Pull back to the start position to finish one rep. Be sure to squeeze your butt at the top of the movement and keep your back straight throughout.
- Take long steps as you perform the lunges while holding a pair of dumbbells in your hands.
- Put emphasis on your glutes and hamstrings to pull and push your body into the next lunge driving through the standing position without pausing.
- On each lunge try to get both knees at 90 degrees and prevent the rear knee from touching the ground.
Weighted Hip Thrust
- Lie down on the floor with your legs bent so your feet are flat on the floor.
- Place a weighted disc or dumbbell across your hips.
- Thrust your hips upwards until your thighs and butt raise off the floor and you feel the contraction in your butt and back of the legs (the higher you go the greater the contraction).
- Return back to the lying position to complete 1 rep. Keep your feet flat on the floor throughout the movement.
Barbell Back Squat
- Place a barbell across the meaty part of your shoulders with the weight resting evenly on each side.
- Hold the barbell shoulder width apart with your elbows driven forward.
- Set up your feet so that they sit just a little wider than your hip width and with a very slight turn outwards (this helps engage the glutes).
- Slowly lower down into the squat, keeping your back straight, head up and knees pushed out.
- Drive back up to the standing position pushing through the heels and squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement.
*You will need a cable pulley on a very low setting to perform this exercise.
- Once you have the rope handles in place, straddle the ropes and cables so that you hold them in between your legs as you face away from the machine.
- Squat low with your back straight and head up, then pull the rope up to shoulder height.
- Drive up into the standing position and squeeze the glutes.
- Ensure that your legs and glutes to pull the weight and not your arms. Once the arms are raised to shoulder height they should remain there until the reps are finished.
These 5 exercises will put you on the right path to that bootyful body you desire.
Author: Claire Trojkovic
Author Bio: Claire is a personal trainer from Australia and one of the top Nutrition Souq editors. She’s a fitness and travel expert with a degree in Literature and a Certificate 4 in Fitness and Nutrition. Her particular interests are yoga, bodybuilding, diets, weight loss, herbal remedies and travel. She also manages and writes on her own blog and has written guest articles for various online fitness publications.